Ambient air temperature (or rather boiler’s intake air temperature) is a parameter used for calculation of many combustion parameters. It is used to determine e.g. stack loss, combustion efficiency, etc. When high accuracy of calculation of such parameters is required, then the basic ambient sensors (usually installed inside the gas probe plug) are insufficient. External temperature sensors with a 3m cable can be installed near the inlet point, or even inside of it, providing the best accuracy of temperature measurement.
Three types of temperature sensors are available:
- PT500 sensor for the hand-held devices.
- PT500 sensor for bigger portable and stationary analysers.
- Digital probe for temperature and relative humidity (RH) measurements.
PT500 temperature sensors can be additionally equipped with appropriate holders. There are two options possible:
- magnetic holder that can be attached to the metal parts of the boiler
- cone holder, that allows to immerse the temperature sensor in the boiler's inlet, directly in the air stream.