MCP8850 with Sensonic 1400 analyser
In order to print a report from Sensonic 1400 measurements:
- Turn on the printer (by pressing Mode button)
- Select the screen you wish to print on your sensonic analyser
- Place the analyser and the printer facing each other (the way it is presented in the picture below) not further than 45cm apart
- Press the instant print button on the sensonic analyser.
MCP8810 Printer with Sensonic IR-1 analyser
In order to print a report from Sensonic IR-1:
- Connect the printer with Sensonic IR-1 analyser using included RS-232-USB adapter
- Turn on the printer (by pressing the grey MODE button for 3 seconds)
- In Photon go to “Printouts” menu, select interesting report and press “Print” button on the analyser’s screen.
When printing becomes fade, erratic or impossible it means the batteries in printer become exhausted (printer will indicate the low power status by flashing with its diode 3 times repeatedly during printing).
There are two modes the batteries can be recharged:
- Trickle mode - charging lasts 16 hours. To charge in this mode, connect the mains adapter when the printer is off.
- Fast mode - charging lasts 4hours. To charge in this mode, connect the mains adapter when the printer is on.
In the fast mode, it is possible to work with the printer. However if the load of the batteries is too low, it may not be possible to execute printing, as the mains adapter does not supply enough power to both load batteries and print at the same time. In this case it is necessary to partially charge batteries (for about 15 minutes) to be able to print.
Warning: Please remember to check the label on your printer before use, to make sure you will not mix it with any other!
Signalistaion of printer's errors, warnings and operation modes
Power on self test
If in doubt, the printer is not working correctly, one can perform printer’s self test:
- Turn the printer off
- Press and hold the Mode button for 2 seconds
- Release the Mode button
- Printer will power on and perform self-test
The correct self-test printout should look like in the presented pictures:
Replacing paper roll
Finished roll of paper is indicated with repeatedly flashing LED diode.
To replace the paper:
- Open the paper cover and remove the residue of paper by pressing Mode button (do not pull the paper from the mechanism)
- Reel off few centimeters from a new roll
- Check if the edge is straight and, if necessary, cut it straight
- Slide the leading edge of the paper through the paper entry slot, with the leading edge of the paper feeding forwards from the bottom of the roll, until you feel resistance
- Press the Mode button and feed the paper through the printer mechanism. Keep the Mode button depressed until enough paper is fed through the printer mechanism to pass through the paper exit slot
- Close the paper cover lid